Living in Finland introduced me to varieties of potatoes and learned different ways how to cook them and perhaps one of my favorite ways to deal with my crisps cravings is by whipping up these quick and easy crispy oven potatoes!
It takes about a few minutes to cut and season of everything and about 15-20 minutes in the oven. It takes me about the same time to get off the couch, put on somewhat decent clothes that do not resemble a pajama, shoes, and head to the shop to get a bag of crisps and back on the couch. Granted, of course, I have some potatoes on hand (which I always do)!
My point is, I don’t have to change clothes and put on some shoes to get some crispy crisps!
Easy Crispy Oven Potatoes Recipe
What potatoes to use for this crispy oven potatoes recipe?
The best potatoes that are best for any oven-baked potatoes or deep frying like for French fries would be the starchy potato types such as Rosamunda, Yukon, Idaho, and Russet Potatoes! I personally used Rosamunda for this recipe. The best way to know if you’re using the right potatoes is by either asking personnel at the shop, checking the package label, or doing quick research what type of starchy potatoes are available in your area and what are they called.
In Finland, we call it Rosamunda (red potatoes) and there’s also a more general one which is labeled “jauhoinen” which basically means starchy and is usually in a red bag.
What seasonings you can use?
You can honestly put whatever seasonings for your crispy oven potatoes! I always stick to the basic ones I have in my pantry which is the usual salt, pepper, and garlic powder. However, here are some of the other seasonings I’ve used before:
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika powder
- Salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning
- Salt, lemon pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder
- Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika powder
As you can see, you can use whatever!
What can you eat these crispy oven potatoes with?
I personally love it on its own with sour cream dip or Salsa Fresca on the side. I’ve also served this with homemade Labneh and oh my, it was so good! Otherwise, the most perfect way I enjoy eating these crispy oven potatoes is with a big bowl of fresh salad – always my go-to!
Possible alternatives and modifications
- Potatoes. You can also use sweet potatoes if you want a low-calorie option!
- Spices. As mentioned above, you can defo modify this however you want!
Are you on Pinterest? Pin this for later!
Do you like more side dish recipes?
- Delicious Green Beans in Oyster Sauce and Garlic Recipe
- Easy Fresh Salsa Recipe (Pico de Gallo)
- Easy Homemade Labneh Recipe (Yogurt Spread)
Easy Crispy Oven Potatoes (Crisps)
- 3 small Starchy Potatoes - i.e Yukon, Rosamunda, Idaho, or Russet potatoes. Sliced into 0.5 cm thick rounds
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- Heat your oven to 200°C/400°F
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until all potatoes are covered with the spices
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and lay each potato slices flat making sure that they are not overlapping
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 mins checking every now and then (sometimes baking time varies from one oven to another)
- They should be golden brown and crispy
- Serve and enjoy!