If there’s something I found that spices up my salad, makes an amazing taco topping, or an excellent side dish, it has to be this ultra-easy fresh salsa recipe or also called Pico de Gallo. I’m not kidding, this literally takes no effort to make but truly makes an amazing palette cleanser!
Easy Fresh Salsa Recipe (Pico de Gallo)
What makes this fresh salsa recipe special?
None, honestly. I’m not going to spice up my wordings which you’ll like not read anyways in hopes you’ll try this recipe so I might as well be honest, right? *sarcasm*
Of course, I want you to try my awesome easy fresh salsa recipe, my friend!
But I am actually being honest, there’s nothing too special about this recipe which makes it different from thousands of similar homemade salsa recipe online.
This recipe perhaps takes much less time than others as most recipes you’ll find from the world wide web requires hours of marination. I’ll normally suggest that, too, but then it beats the purpose of this recipe being “fresh”.
How to make this recipe?
Honestly as simple as chopping all the ingredients and tossing everything in a bowl and voila, it is ready! You can also let this whole shebang marinate for an hour or more but defo not longer than 8 hours because this recipe calls for raw onions and garlic which would make this fresh salsa recipe quite… onion-y. By that I mean, the longer it sits with other raw ingredients the more the onion flavor becomes stronger. If you’re not a fan of strong onion flavors then certainly do not let it sit for too long.
Alterations and modifications
- Onion and garlic. If you’re not a fan of these flavor bombs then please feel free to LESSEN the amount in this recipe but as much as possible, please don’t omit this as it really gives a delicious flavor.
- Cilantro. If you don’t like cilantro or coriander then you can replace this with parsley or completely leave it off.
- Chili. If you’re sensitive and can’t tolerate spice, you can omit this or add less amount than what says in the recipe.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin this for later!
Looking for more easy recipes?
- Easy Cacio e Pepe Recipe (Cheese and Pepper Pasta)
- Easy Crispy Oven Potatoes
- Delicious Green Beans in Oyster Sauce and Garlic Recipe
- Chinese Tomato and Egg Recipe (With Video)
Easy Fresh Salsa Recipe
- 2 medium Tomatoes - Diced
- 1/3 small Red Onion - Chopped
- 1 clove Garlic - Minced
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Chili - Minced
- 0.5 ml Salt - Adjust according to your taste
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Cilantro - Optional
- Mix everything in a bowl
- Adjust taste and serve!